Thursday, 6 December 2012

Felt card tutorial

 The lovely people at Abakhan asked if I would like to do another tutorial for them and I said yes. They gave me up to £15 to spend on their website on anything I would like. There were so many wonderful things to choose ,but I finally selected  this bag of felt off-cuts and some fabrics.  Firstly I would like to show you how I used some of the felt from this selection in the card above.

 Selected several pieces from the felt bag. There are some larger pieces and lots of smaller pies. Used one of the large red pieces for the body of the dog.

 Using the Sizzix Dog,Puppy die I first cut out the main body of the dog using the BigShot machine.
 The next step is to cut out two white and two black circles for the eyes, a black nose, blue collar and two hears one white and one blue.
 I used Scotch Qucik-dry acid free adhesive to stick the pieces together. Once dry I glued it to the front of a card blank from Craft Creations. Then stamped the sentiment by Funstamps.
It's a really easy card to make and you can use whatever colours you like for the body of the dog. Can see me using this on fabric creations as well.

Stay tuned as I will show you what I made with some of the fabric I got. Have a wonderful day and thanks for the visit. Keep warm and safe.

19 comments:

  1. Thanks for the fun tutorial. How super cute is this dog card. I love your creation!!!

    Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very cute Anesha and thanks for the tut.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute dog and a great card. Thanks for the tutorial too - really easy to follow.
    Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh so cute dog and wonderful card Anesha.
    Love them.
    Have a lovely weekend my friend.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh what a sweet card that is Anesha! I must go and check out that site, the bag of felt scraps sounds wonderful! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This dog is so cozy and cute created from the felt Anesha! Can't wait to see what you do with the fabric. Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an adorable felt puppy! Do you make kitties too? :)
    xo Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card Anesha, Love that wee puppy he's so cute!! Hugs May x x x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adorable birthday card. Love the little heart. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awwww.. what an adorable card. Love that cute puppy.

    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Anesha what a delightful creation - this is tempting to have a play with felt. This is so beautifully done and I love the sweet expression on your little puppy face!!!
    hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. So sweet, your felt dog is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  13. REALLY made me smile, love it! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my gosh he's darling!!!
    hugs Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  15. oh my word... this is absolutely FAB-U-LOUS!!!! and a great tutorial!

    stay well.

    hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Anesha

    What a great card. I would never have considered making a card front completely of felt. It looks great.

    Lovely bold sentiment too!

    Hope you are having a good week.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi
    Just wanted to tell you that I found your link and loved your work.
    It is so fun and original. I love the simplicity too.
    Have a Merry Christmas and thanks for sharing.

    pat

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting and taking the time to leave a comment.