Wednesday, 17 June 2015

Printing on fabric


It's amazing what you can do with a plain piece of calico fabric and a printer.  When I got Beccy's Botanicals Set of digital stamps, I just knew that fabric would come into my projects. 

Firstly I cut a piece of calico fabric larger than A4 (my printer takes A3) and coated it with Golden's Digital ground for non-porous surfaces. I have printed onto untreated calico also, but with this medium the colours are more vibrant.  I used one of the pre-coloured images from the Botanicals set and created the background design in Adobe Photoshop. Once the fabric was dry I printed the image onto it and then made it into a bag. Digital images are very versatile.

Be the best you can be today!




6 comments:

  1. Amazing printing onto fabric Anesha, I've never tried it but this really makes me want to give it a go.

    Many thanks for the lovely card and yes, you are well in time it's 27th (shhhh).

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's soooo fab! :)
    xoxo Sioux

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, such a pretty printing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Anesha, many thanks for this information. I only have an A4 printer but even so that won't stop me trying this technique out for myself. Elizabeth xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a fantastic bag Anesha! Hope you and Skipper are having a wonderful June!
    xo Catherine & Banjo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous bag Anesha, love the colours and a great way to use digi stamps

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting and taking the time to leave a comment.