Charity find and new box



Was asked to decorate this wooden box with the heart cutout. I first pained the box with a mixture of red paint and gesso and then pearl white on top. Stuck the twig heart, which i dry brushed with white and pink, to the box and made the ribbon flower and added the clay rose on top. All the  dies and product were from The Works. 
Would like to enter this in this months





How is it that you take things to a charity shop and end up leaving with much more ! :) We were just about to leave The Woodgreen Animal Charity shop in Royston , when I spotted a basket of stamps. There were brand new and great brands. Next to this was another box of unused dies and EK Success punches. It was like Christmas I bought quite a lot. lol 

Made this card with four of the stamps and one of the punches I bought today. It is a bit different from my usual style but I just had a go and I like how it turned out.

Hope you have a wonderful day.

Comments

brenda said…
Funny that isn't it Anseha, I seem to encuter the same problems! That box is so romantic and a fabulous make. I hope you are doing OK.

B x
Dawn Phillips said…
You must have been meant to go into the charity shop that day. I can't say I'm ever that lucky. You certainly made a fantastic job with your purchases. I love the little box too. Love Dawn x
Lady Jane said…
Love what you did with the box!!! hugs, lj
JFM said…
This is my style and I adore it!!!
Congrats on your found treasures 💮
Just love the box, and the colour pink is my favourite :)

All the best Jan
Your decorative box is really charming - I love the twiggy heart. And what a find in the charity shop - looks like you got some great stamps. Your spooky scene is really cool.
Alison x
cuilliesocks said…
Your box is gorgeous Anesha, love the decorations you've used, Kate x
Andree said…
A very prettily altered box. The twiggy heart and flower embellishment finish it perfectly.
Thank you for joining in with our February challenge "Anything Mixed Media Goes" at Creative Artiste Mixed Media. Good luck x
Tamago said…
I love how you decorated the box. Beautiful! And the card is very pretty!
Marina said…
The box looks amazing. Your card is quite unusual =I really love how you've stamped the text. Great style!
Anneke said…
such a beautiful box in a very pretty color.
hope you are alright.
hugs from Anneke
Suzette Hussey said…
Wow! Your box is amazing! Thank you for entering The Creative Artiste Mixed Media Challenge.
Dr Sonia S V said…
WOW the heart is so inspiring!!!
Cheers
Dr Sonia
Anesha, both works are great; what cat doesn't love a tree and what newly wed couple wouldn't love the keepsake box !!
♥♥
Andrea, said…
Love the card Anesha, the design and layout is just perfect. Its great you managed to find so many goodies in the charity shop, I must have a look in some of our local ones. The box and mirror are perfect Valentine's or wedding gifts x
The same thing happens to me! I like this card, too. I have a small drawer of stamps but haven't had a chance to use them in ages.
Chana Malkah said…
I am so glad I had time tonight to get caught up on my favorite pages! I am absolutely in love with your box! It is romantic and practical...who could ask for anything more? The card is eclectic and quite well done! I especially love the color palette! You have an amazing eye for composition!

Beautiful work on both projects! I had better start seeing some of your work in one or both of my challenges. I am sure our followers will be inspired by your creativity!
Hugz,
Chana

A Place To Start Challenge: https://hereisaplacetostart.blogspot.com
613 Avenue Create Challenge: https://hereisaplacetostart.blogspot.com