Cards not good enough!




It's so lovely to see some sunshine today! These are two of my cards which were submitted for the Cardmaker of the year competition but were not deemed good enough to even get a runner up prize.  I am very disappointed  but as a friend keeps saying 'It is what it is' ! 

The first card uses a lot of different paper crafting techniques and to be honest I am really proud of it. What does not show up well is that the flowers are actually decoupaged as well. 

Just want to say a huge thank you to all those who visit my blog and especially those who leave a message. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. x



Comments

carla said…
Anesha I love these cards, you made them beautiful.
The first with the different techniques is my favorite.
I also see a little sun shine, but I think it won't be for long.
A very nice weekend.
Carla
cuilliesocks said…
Hello Anesha, I'm sorry you are so disappointed, as your cards are wonderful, the floral one is so beautifully coloured and designed, and your second one is just brilliantly funny.

I too get a bit annoyed at all the times I've entered challenges and never come anywhere near winning, and the few times I've applied for a DT role and never got anywhere either. It does make you wonder why bother. However saying that I guess it's like art, all subjective, and as your friend says it is what it is. I do love your creations, so don't let it stop you creating, Kate x
brenda said…
Well I think they are lovely Anesha, very different designs and show great stamping skills and I can see that stencil I admired in the background of the first as well. My fav really has to be the floral one, colours and image very much me and if I were on the panel you would have been 'in there'.

B x
Tamago said…
I’m sorry you were disappointed but I think these cards are beautiful. Lovely colors and design. The grandma image is very cute :-)
aussie aNNie said…
Stunning cards Anesha, love them all..
I think these cards are beautiful and how they fail to get a place I really don’t know
Andrea, said…
That's such a great selection of cards and are more than deserving of a place in the competition x
Anesha; OBVIOUSLY the judges don't know *&^% about handmade cards; personally I think they are awesome, and since I have two of your cards in my possession, I KNOW what I'm talking about ~~~~~~~~~~ :) ☺☺♥♥