New Journey

 


Good morning and hoping the fog has lifted where you are. Been really foggy here for the past few days. My tidying has been going well, managed to clear one desk so far! 

Took time to make this card for a colleague of my husband who is leaving. This is an 8 inches square card and must admit the size is great to work with. Started with the taking a print from a stencil which was sprayed with several spray inks (in my stash over over 15 years). Once it was dried I used other stencils and distress oxide inks to add for detail. Then used various stamps from a travel set (free with a magazine) first in light brown and then in black. Then stamped the world map, the map and the passport several times, coloured them and then cute them out. Then layered these images randomly on the background. Stamped an fussy cut one of the sign post and added that to the bottom of the background. Die cut the background for the sentiment from the same sheet of sprayed background. The sentiment was stamped onto the cream car and die cut and the stencil detail added after. 

Really enjoyed making this card.

Entering this in 



Have a great Sunday 

Comments

Valerie-Jael said…
Beautiful card, love how you made the background. Stay safe, hugs, Valerie
Jackie T said…
Hi Anesha this is a stunning leaving card. I love it. Take care. Hugs Jackie
cuilliesocks said…
What a wonderful card, beautifully designed and coloured, and perfect for a man, super them, Kate x x
meg said…
You created a wonderful background with these great stamps,beautiful colours perfect for a masculine card
Elaine Stark said…
An ideal man card. Love it. Thanks for joining Aud Sentments challenge. Elaine
Tamago said…
What a beautiful card. Sounds like a lot of work is put in it. I bet your husband’s colleague will be very impressed and appreciate it!
aussie aNNie said…
Great post and colours, Love the style. .. xx
Grandma Bonnie said…
Lovely card, Anesha! I am ready for a journey! Thank you for entering Lavinia World Challenge!
Lavinia World DT - Bonnie
brenda said…
Really like the colour palette on this one Anesha.

B x
Ania said…
Love it! Thank you for participating in the Lavinia World challenge blog!

https://laviniaworldchallenges.blogspot.com/
Shwu-Miin said…
I absolutely love this card and the process it took you to create it! Thanks for sharing at LW challenge!
Steph Ackerman said…
Can't wait for that journey too. thanks for joining at Lavinia world challenges.
Hazel (Didos) said…
What a great card, the person will love it, H xx
Chana Malkah said…
This is an awesome card, Anesha! I love the background and that sentiment. For sure it is the only way to travel! I have some spray inks that I have had for over fifteen years. You have just given me hope that they will still work!
Hugz,
Chana Malkah

Terrific design!

Three (extra) big cheers for oversized cards. I've long been a fan myself and while I don't venture quite up to 8 (or more) inches for all of my cards, the bulk of them are bigger than the average. What can I say, I'm a sucker for a lot of "blank canvas" space to play around with. :)

Autumn Zenith 🧡 Witchcrafted Life
Jane Savage said…
Great card, love the background!
Thank you for joining us this month at We Love 2 Create With Polkadoodles! Jane (DT) Paper, Pencils & Pretty Things xxx